There’s almost nothing worse than getting into an accident and realizing your car insurance policy doesn’t cover what you thought it did! So with the advent of a new season, we encourage you to double check your policies and make sure they cover what you want them to cover. Here is a brief list and description of six car insurance options.
- Bodily injury liability: This policy pertains to the injuries that the policyholder and those covered under the insurance inflict on someone else. In the event of litigation, this policy can help protect personal assets.
- Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection: This policy offers coverage for injures sustained by the policyholder and those covered. Payments from the insurance can cover medical expenses and lost wages.
- Property Damage Liability: This coverage pays for fixing damage inflicted to another individual’s or business’ property which includes cars, streetlamps, telephone poles, or other structures.
- Collision: This policy covers damage to your vehicle incurred from a collision with another car/object, or from overturning your car.
- Comprehensive: This policy covers damage caused by something other than a collision such as theft, falling objects, hail, etc.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This coverage will reimburse you in the case you are hit by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver.
We at Coronet Dodge wish all of our readers safe travels and hope you found this information helpful.